Small business Accounting Made Easy
Let CTG Accounting & Tax Service Inc. do your monthly bookkeeping at a fraction of the cost of a full-time employee.
As a small business owner you have more important things to do than to keep your own books. CTG Accounting and Tax Service, Inc has the expertise to help you to take care of your books for you. Through prompt and timely service, along with an intimate knowledge of the rules and regulations, we can keep you ahead of government deadlines, maintain order in your internal financial systems, and reduce the headaches that come with owning a business. Each month or quarter we’ll do the following things for you…
- Having issues with reconciling your business checking account? Allow us to do the following:Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Know how your business is doing? You can’t really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
- Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
- Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your agency of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime exists.
- Sleep Better. You will sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.
Reconciling your business checking account each month allow us to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date.
An income statement, otherwise known as a profit and loss statement, basically adds an itemized list of all your revenues and subtracts an itemized list of all your expenses to come up with a profit or loss for the period.
- If you’re having issues preparing your financial statements, allow us to….Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures. Like phone, fax, mail, or supply expenses.
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability.
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your business’s financial condition at a specific moment in time. We can help you with…
- quickly getting a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business
- identifying and analyzing trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payables. For example, if your receivables cycle is lengthening, maybe you can collect your receivables more aggressively
- determining if your business is in a position to expand
- determining if your business can easily handle the normal financial ebbs and flows of revenues and expenses
- determining if you need to take immediate steps to bolster cash reserves
- determining if your business has been slowing down payables to forestall an inevitable cash shortage
Maintaining a Clean General Ledger
Based on experience, we perform vital accounting functions, such as accounts payable/receivable, general ledger accounting, financial statement preparation and financial analysis.
The general ledger is the core of your company’s financial records. These records constitute the central “books” of your system. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger throws off all your books. Having us review your general ledger system each month allows us to hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Then we’ll fix the discrepancies so your books are always accurate and kept in tip top shape.
Provide Unlimited Consultations
We are always available to spend time with you so you fully understand how to interpret and utilize the financial information we provide. Our consultations are already included in our price, so please feel free to call us whenever you have a question or concern.
When you retain our services, we make it a priority to learn your goals and operations quickly so we can hit the ground running. Based on experience, we can easily identify opportunities for more effective tax planning, improved internal controls, and other areas that will make your business more profitable.